PROUDLY MADE IN AUSTRALIA - 'The original and the best - copied by the rest!'
Our green Haysaver Super Tuff nets are made to last from durable, pre-stretched UV stabilised, heavy duty 60 ply, polyethylene netting.
The holes are just large enough for the horse to get the hay through without gorging (4cm/1.5" square) – making it last much longer.
The small holes also suit little ponies - but not recommended to be left on the ground or tied low for shod horses (the net can catch on the horseshoe).
Generally, these slowfeed nets will double or treble the time it takes for the horses to finish their hay compared to when fed loose.
Ideal for alpacas, sheep and goats too.
7 Good Reasons to Use a Slowfeeder hay net
- Stops hay wastage from trampling in mud, manure, urine, being blown away etc.
- Slows down consumption so the hay last 2-3 times longer and replicates grazing.
- Small net holes mean you can fasten the net low (provided your horse is barefoot or the net is inside a container) for a natural grazing position and can reduce the incidence of choke.
- A full bale or round bale net gives your horse hay 24/7, saving you time on re-fills and keeps your horse calmer and happier.
- Hay in the gut 24/7 avoids gut ulcers and colic incidents.
- Older horses find it easier to chew small amounts of hay taken from the net.
- Avoid eye injuries from horses putting their heads inside a round bale, or from tossing loose hay about.
Tips For Use:
- If your horse is shod or has splits in their hooves, it's essential to tie the net inside a bin/box so it can't catch on a shoe/torn hoof if they paw at it.
- If the net tears (due to catching on something for instance) it can be temporarily mended with some baling twine, then email us for some free repair twine.
- When tying the drawstring, ensure that it is tied tightly with no large loops that a hoof can get caught in.
- Tie your net away from sharp or protruding objects to reduce wear and tear.
- It's better to tie the net low on the ground (to a tyre is ideal) so it's easier for your horse to access the hay, especially while learning to use the net.
- It's easy to soak hay in the small nets - simply hang up to drain after soaking for a couple of hours (removes harmful sugars/dust). Soaked hay should be fed immediately in warm to hot climates so there isn't time for mould to develop - we recommend only soaking a small net of hay at a time for one horse/pony.
- For more info on using Slow Feeder Haynets and feeding systems click here.
- Our 48 ply nets are now bright green - made from UV stabilised polyethelene.
- The Small(2-3B) size fits 2-3 biscuits of hay and is ideal for the float/trailer or for goats and sheep.
- Being smaller, it needs to be hand filled or use this handy Haynet Filler.
- The Half Bale size fits 4-5 biscuits or half a bale. Has a wide opening to enable easy loading by slipping over the end of an intact bale so you can then cut the bale strings.
- The Full Bale size fits a whole small square bale of hay (measures 110cm/44"x38cm/15"x50cm/20"). Its wide opening slips over the intact bale - just cut the bale strings before feeding.
- The X-Large 2x1m bale - fits a big rectangular bales that measure 2m x 1m x 1m (approx.7' x 3' x 3'). We can also make custom sizes - contact us.
All nets have a wide opening and strong seam stitch to ensure the sides will not come apart if the twine is snagged or chewed through.
Sorry, we cannot offer a warranty on these nets due to the variables of use/hay and the unpredictable way horses will respond to them.
Life Saver!By: Kathy Holtrust on 4 August 2020The slow feeder hay nets are a life saver for my old horses. One horse in particular got recurrent choke from trying to eat her hay too greedy while her teeth are too worn to do so. The hay nets make sure she eats nice and slow. No more digestive problems and choking. Healthy and very happy horses with hay that lasts longer.
Hay Saver 4cm/60 ply half - bale slowfeed haynetBy: Kerry MacCraken on 9 November 2019Really well constructed hay net - excellent quality. Very reasonably priced. Reasonable cost shipping and fast service. Great product!
Great Feeding SystemBy: Hilary Reid on 2 February 2019i've used these nets for a number of years now and have found the 60ply Super Tuff a lot more durable - my horses are a bit rough when trying to extricate the hay. The small size is ideal for my purpose as the hay has to be soaked and I cannot lift anything any bigger. It's good to have the repair kit too. Thank you!