Founder Facts by Jen Clingly and Marg Richardson
This booklet was written to help horse owners with easy to understand information on founder and laminitis.
While there are lots of in depth books, articles and research papers on this subject, until now there hasn't been any easy to read and implement action plan outlined for those who have laminitic horses.
Topics covered include:
- Laminitis. What Is It? What Causes Laminitis?
- Signs that your horse may be mildly laminitic – or in the early stages:,
- Signs that your horse is having an acute,(meaning sudden onset) laminitic attack:,
- Signs that your horse has chronic(meaning long term) laminitis:,
- Common problems after Laminitis - Seedy Toe and Abcessing:,
- My horse has laminitis NOW– What do I do! The Immediate Action Plan, Long Term Action Plan:
- Which horses are at highest risk of developing laminitis?
- + Resources and Further Education lists.
This little book is full of lots of information (and colour photos) to help you understand this common condition, and prevent your horse developing laminitis.
Fact: Laminitis is one of the biggest killers of domestic horses in the world and leaves thousands of horses crippled with lameness
Fact: All horses can get laminitis, including skinny horses and horses in work
Fact: Horses can get laminitis just eating grass or hay
Fact: Overfeeding your horse is just as cruel as under feeding and possibly a death sentence for your horse.
Final Hard Hitting Fact: Because owners can’t see the internal damage, they do not realise how painful laminitis is for their horse; letting it happen before they decide something has to be done. These people often genuinely love their horses. Laminitis is an excruciatingly painful experience for a horse.
28 pages - full colour.
Founder Facts BookBy: Diana Southwick on 21 November 2016A very easy to read and understand little book. Excellent information and photographs. Every horse owner 'must have'!
A Small Package Full of Terrific, Easy Reading FacBy: Dori Jennings on 26 February 2013This is a terrific little book offering the reader an easy to read, factual book on understanding Laminitis. At just a little over the cost of a cup of coffee, I think it's a must have book for every horse/pony owner.
A great teaching aid!By: Shaunna O'Grady on 16 January 2013Impressed with this. Agreed with (almost) everything in it, lol! Fantastic little booklet to help out that neighbour who's got no idea but does have a pony in trouble, or praps for trimmers to have on board to help clients new to Planet Laminitis complete their transition.