GONE Insect Repellent Horse Collar
- All Natural break-away horse collar fits all sizes
- Creates a protective vapour barrier
- Assists in repelling ticks, mosquitos and some species of flies for up to 30 days
- Water resitant & DEET free
- Active ingredient is double strength Peppermint oil that can be re-applied for continual use.
- Approved by the Australian Pesticides & Veterinary Authority
This collar is safest worn close to the head, which leaves a good length of excess collar to cut off that can be tied into the tail for protection at both ends of your horse.
Smells wonderful but14 April 2013I am in the wheatbelt in WA. We have bushflies - lots of them, at different times of the day. Generally peaking in the heat a midday and disappearing at dusk. I cant say I found the collar particularly effective. My horse still stamped his feet, swished his tail and shook his head some four hours after it was placed on him. Store Owner's Comment: The Gone Collars are most effective against smaller biting flies and mosquitoes as well as ticks with repeat customers loving them. Maybe the bigger WA flies need a different type of repellant?
Seems to be working!26 February 2012The first collar seems to be working no ticks on this horse and only have it around his neck, 24 hours a day, as it is a problem with the tail, the other 2 horses are still getting the ticks.
Even keeps bots awayBy: Kylie H. on 26 February 2012"When they are around the legs they are excellent at keeping Bots off. The bot flies would buzz around and would not land anywhere on the legs, they were great.