EQUIHEAL TM HOOF – SOLE - HIDE - OINTMENT in a 375g or 600g tub.
Aids in the protection and maintenance of:
- greasy heel/scratches
- hoof soreness and soft soles - bandage or hoof boot application
- white-line separation and thrush
- new and old skin and heel conditions
- granulating wounds - proud flesh
- water resistant
- repels flies
- all-natural ingredients
Contains a blend of natural ingredients infused with lanolin, sulfur, camphor, eucalyptus oil, and selected clays. (smells amazing!)
"I have used Equiheal Ointment for treating horses with a variety of skin and hoof disorders.
I have found it to be a very effective product, and have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone thinking of using it for any of the following skin or hoof disorders.
Greasy Heel, Non-specific Dermatitis, Thrush, Seedy Toe, Hoof Soreness, Cuts and Abrasions."
Contains a blend of natural ingredients infused with lanolin, sulfur, camphor, eucalyptus oil, and selected clays.
Directions for use:
Skin (incl. proud flesh) & Greasy Heel:
- Cleanse and dry the affected area thoroughly.
- Stir with a finger to soften the ointment then apply in a circular motion leaving a light cover.
- Apply once daily or as required. Bandaging may assist with some applications.
- To control proud flesh apply to the wound edges until the flesh has filled in then apply all over the wound.
Hoof Soreness and Soft Soles
- Use a bandage or Hoof Boot
- Cleanse and dry the hoof thoroughly. Stir with a finger to soften the ointment then apply a thick cover to the sole and frog areas. Then cover with paper, cloth, or cotton wool and bandage or cover with a hoof boot.
- Apply daily or as required.
White-Line/Seedy Toe and Thrush Application
- Pare away any crumbly or soft affected areas. Thoroughly clean and cleanse the hoof. Apply an even cover of ointment to the required area. Check daily and re-apply when and whilst required.
- Consult a veterinarian or farrier if required.
Hoof Syringe Application (Easy access for difficult areas)
- Stir and soften the ointment, then pack a syringe with ointment and squeeze into gaps.
- If required add a minimal amount of vegetable oil to the ointment and stir.
Under Shoe White-Line Protection Application
- Cleanse and dry the white-line area. Apply ointment in a circular motion leaving a light cover and then fit the shoe.
- Nail Holes & Hoof Cracks: Cleanse then rub ointment into the nail holes & hoof cracks this will assist in the protection against the invasion of bacteria & fungi of the hoof.
Hoof Health: Hoof Dressing and Frog, Sole, and Thrush Protection
- Massage ointment right around the coronary band leaving a light cover. Cleanse and dry the frog and sole then massage ointment into the frog and sole paying special attention to thrush-prone areas leaving a light cover. Apply once weekly or as required.
- Brush Application: Add a minimal amount of vegetable oil to the ointment and stir in well for easy application. Stir now and then.
Heals greasy heel so quicklyBy: Cynthia on 15 December 2022This is my 'go-to' product to stop greasy heel (scratches/mud fever) in its tracks, especially if you catch it early on. For areas smaller than 2 fingers wide, one or two applications soften the scabs that drop off and allow the skin to heal. It's gentle to apply and the horses hardly know you're massaging it in. There's no need to even clean the area if it's not covered in mud and dry. It works every time and I've even used it in the final stages of healing a nasty wound - see this article: https://naturalhorseworld.com/amazing-healing-of-horses-huge-flank-wound/